Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fresh


We finally have our internet back in the Brackins' household so I thought I'd share a few pictures of our kitchen with you!  Our first kitchen wasn't even deserving of the title especially with our 2 drawers and...well not that was all there was.  So when we moved into this apartment almost a year ago  needless to say we were more than pleased with all the cabinet space and room to move without the washer and dryer in the middle of the floor. (yes that was the layout of the old apartment! yikes!)

 Above: I am not a patient person (as those who know me know all too well) however I waited for these fantastic bowls to go on sale forever! They are from Pier 1 Imports.  
The great pitcher on the right is a magical find from TJMax.

Below: I love funky pieces! 
The pitcher behind the apples does indeed have a cow as the handle! I do believe that defiantly qualifies as funky!


 You can't really tell from the picture but the I made the curtains in the kitchen.  I found a beautiful light teal curtain panel with great detail work at the bottom at Ross back in the summer.  I cut the panel in half and hemmed them so I could use them in here!  The entire project cost me $8!

And I'm crazy about my beautiful buttercup yellow mixer that was a wedding present from 
friends at church!
 We picked this chair up at a garage sale and it originally had a tan seat but I covered it with some really great teal fabric with little white flowers on it.  It completely changed the look at feel of it!
Even though it's not much we really love making our little apartment completely ours!  We love finding those one of a kind or funky little pieces that just scream us! 
 Hope you enjoyed this little tour! More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment